Thank you for your interest in adopting a rescue dog!
Please read the following information before submitting your application and fee.
- Ewenity Farm Herding Dog Haven in is a foster-based rescue. All of our dogs live in homes, not a shelter. This means you will not be able to meet the dog prior to submitting an adoption application and being approved.
- Dogs listed as “Available” are accepting adoption applications and those listed as “Incoming” are accepting foster-to-adopt applications. Yes, both types are still available!
- Please note that
we do not operate on a first-come, first-served basis.
In everything we do, we strive to put the dog’s needs and happiness first.
Applicants should be at least 25 years old or older. We take each application on a per case basis. If you meet all of our other criteria, but are not yet 25 years old, we will process your application to see if we may still have a match for your family.
- From our list of “Available Dogs,” identify the dog(s) you are interested in. You may submit for up to three choices in your application.
- Submit the appropriate application (Adoption or Foster-to-Adopt), home pictures and processing fee.
- You will be notified of the outcome after the application is processed.
Your application will be reviewed as soon as possible! We are all volunteers, and our application process can take seven to ten days.
- If approved, you will be put in touch with the dog’s foster to schedule a meeting.
- If the meeting goes well and the foster approves, you will be asked to sign the applicable contracts and pay the adoption fee, after which you may bring home your new family member.
- If the meeting does not result in an adoption, we will keep your application on file for six months, during which time you may submit your interest in other Ewenity Farm dogs.
- Unaltered puppies and dogs less than one year old:
$400 plus a $50 refundable deposit to be returned to you upon proof of spay or neuter at 6 months old or date on contract
Altered puppies & dogs less than one year old: $400
Adult dogs (ages 1-8 years): $350.
Senior dogs (8 years and older): $250
Seniors for Seniors Program: For applicants that are aged 65 and over, the donation for senior dogs is $150.
How can I tell if a dog will be a good match?
Look at the dog’s temperament: does it match that of your home? If you are social, is the dog as well? If the dog is wary of strangers, will you be able to provide socialization and guidance to help the dog overcome it? If the dog gets very attached to its people, will you be able to spend enough time with it? Conversely, what if the dog is more aloof and you’re looking for a snuggler? If the dog is vocal will that affect nearby neighbors?
Does the dog’s activity level match that of your home as it is now, not how you'd like it to be? Will you be able to provide enough mental and physical stimulation for a dog whose breeding over hundreds of years tells it to run, chase and sometimes bite livestock, moving it over hundreds of miles, all day, every day? Conversely, is a very young dog, a senior, or a couch potato the best choice if you’re looking for a marathon training buddy? Is the dog of suitable size/temperament/activity level for all family members and frequent visitors, including small children and the elderly?
Special needs: please ensure you can provide any special requirements listed, be it a companion animal, a fenced yard, or someone home during the day. Also, are you willing to put in the time to address training needs such as leash work, car riding, or excitability when meeting strangers?
Honesty! To find the best match for each Ewenity Farm dog, we strive to provide the most accurate evaluation possible. By providing an honest assessment of your current lifestyle, including how much tolerance, time, and effort you’re willing to put into dog ownership, you can do your part to guarantee adoption success!